This is the ultimate “guy meal.” I came across the basic recipe on Pinterest and loaded it up with extra goodies to give it more “oomph.” It worked. My guys were wowed–and so was I.
2-15 oz cans chili beans (I like Hormel’s)
8 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
8 all-beef franks (I used Hebrew National)
mustard, to taste
2 green onions, sliced thin, divided
1-1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 chopped cup tomatoes
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) In bottom of 9×9″ square baking dish, spread one can chili beans, reserving second can for topping
3) Place a hot dog in center of each flour tortilla and pipe mustard down the length (I piped 2 lines); using half the green onions, scatter a few slices over each hot dog; using 1/2 cup cheese, scatter a portion over each hot dog; tuck in ends of tortillas and roll up; place seam-side down in pan
4) Spread second can of chili beans over top of wrapped hot dogs; bake 30 minutes
5) Remove casserole from oven; scatter remaining 3/4 cup cheese, reserved green onions, and tomatoes over top; return to oven and bake additional 10 minutes
Servings: 4 (3 guys and 1 gal who, unfortunately, has to watch her calories)
NOTE: This is a “repeat” recipe featured on my original “Kitchen Novelist” blog 05/10/12.