This idea came to me via Pinterest. However, rather than use pound cake, I opted for Angel Food Cake. and why settle for white chocolate when you can have semi-sweet chocolate? Or both? In the words of Junior Too, “This is definitely one for your blog.” Yep.
1 lb small to medium-sized strawberries, stems removed
1/3 store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1″ pieces
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/4 cup white chocolate morsels
6 bamboo skewers
Optional dips: whipped cream or thinned preserves (3/4 cup strawberry preserves mixed with 1/4 cup water)
1) Alternately thread strawberries and angel food cake onto bamboo skewers (should make about 6 kabobs)
2) Arrange kabobs on parchment paper 1/2″ apart
3) Place semi-sweet chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted (I microwaved 30 seconds, stirred, and microwaved an additional 20 seconds); working quickly, spoon melted chocolate in small zip top bag, snip bottom corner, and pipe zigzags over each kabob
4) Repeat step #3 with white chocolate
5) Refrigerate 20 minutes (to set chocolate) and serve with or without dip
Makes: About 6 large kabobs
NOTE: This is a “repeat” recipe featured on my original “Kitchen Novelist” blog 05/07/12.