Frittatas have become one of my go-to meals. Not only are they relatively quick and easy to make, but the variations are endless. Though I used Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage in this frittata, you can easily substitute bacon, ham, prosciutto, or forego meat altogether. Don’t have fresh mozzarella? Substitute cheddar or swiss or…how about brie? Regardless, count on a delicious and filling meal.
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
12 oz sweet apple chicken sausage (I used Al Fresco brand), diced
4 cups frozen Southern-style diced potatoes, thawed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 scallions, sliced thin on the diagonal
1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 4oo degrees
2) To large skillet (I used cast iron) add 1 tbsp olive oil (reserving 2 tbsp) and heat over medium-high heat; add sausage and cook, stirring often, 5-6 minutes until browned; transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside
3) Add reserved 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat; add diced potatoes, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring often, 7-8 minutes until browned; remove from heat
4) Scatter sausage, scallions, and mozzarella over potatoes and set aside
5) In medium-sized bowl, lightly beat eggs with milk; pour over potato-sausage mixture; cover frittata with aluminum foil and bake in oven 20 minutes; remove foil and bake additional 12-15 minutes until eggs are set and frittata is golden brown; serve immediately; going, going, gone!