I’ve heard it before (perhaps my guys’ memories isn’t up to snuff where food is concerned), but last night this soup was declared the best chicken soup ever. And my memory is probably impaired too, but I have to agree. Was it the sugar snap peas? The carrots? The spinach? The beaten egg? Doesn’t matter. It’s just plain (hardly!) good.
1-1/2 cups small shell pasta
3 large eggs
ground black pepper
8 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups chopped deli-roasted chicken
2 cups chopped sugar snap peas
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions; drain, rinse, and set aside
2) Beat eggs, season with salt and pepper, and set aside
3) To large soup pot, add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, add carrots, and cook 8 minutes
4) Stir in chicken, sugar snap peas, and shell pasta; cook 3 minutes; add spinach and cook 1 minute; remove soup from heat and slowly stir in beaten eggs
5) Ladle soup into bowls and scatter Parmesan cheese over top; serve it up!