When senior pulled out a package of hot dogs, I knew it was time to put away my edits and hop on dinner. He did grill those dogs, but my tasty, easy-to-make casseroles made it to the dinner table first. And guess what became leftovers? Yeah 🙂
Spray olive oil
2 cups croutons (I used Texas Toast brand)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup half and half
1 tsp minced parsley
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; coat bottoms and sides of 4 mini-casserole dishes with spray olive oil
2) Evenly divide ingredients between casseroles in this order: croutons, tomatoes, cheese (reserving 1/2 cup for topping), basil, eggs (2 each), dash of salt and pepper, half and half, parsley, and cheese (reserved 1/2 cup)
3) Bake 7-8 minutes; turn on broiler and bake additional 4-5 minutes until eggs set to your taste; enjoy!
Lunch time! But what to whip up? Though my guys would have been happy with basic grilled cheese sandwiches served with a squirt of ketchup (er, hmm), I decided to make it special. They were skeptical when I started loading the kitchen counter with prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, and goat cheese, but when all was grilled and done… No crumbs.
8 slices sourdough bread
4 oz goat cheese, softened
3 oz prosciutto ham
1 avocado, sliced thin
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp butter, softened
1) Assemble four sandwiches as follows, dividing ingredients between each: sourdough bread slice, goat cheese, prosciutto, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, sourdough bread slice
2) Over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter in large skillet (I used a grill pan); place sandwiches in skillet and grill 3-5 minutes on bottom; spread remaining butter on top slices; flip and grill 3-5 minutes; serve!
Lady Graeye Charwyck of LADY OF EVE recently sat down with Connie Almony for an interview. To read and enter to win a copy of LADY OF EVE, visit: InfiniteCharacters.Com
FALLEN ~ On the eve of her profession as a nun, Lady Graeye Charwyck is called home to Medland by the father who disavowed her years earlier for the “devil’s mark” she bears. Desperate to escape the convent, she agrees to wed a man she detests to provide an heir for her family’s holdings. But when the king declares the Charwyck lands forfeit and awards them to their enemy, Graeye once more finds herself discarded. Grieved by her father’s plans to return her to the convent, she yields to impulse and casts aside her virtue, only to discover that the knight with whom she sinned is the new lord of Medland.
RELENTLESS ~ Baron Gilbert Balmaine is a man nearly eaten through with desire to see the end of the Charwyck line for all the ills the family has visited upon his own. With the heir dead, the only remaining survivor too aged to beget another, and their lands forfeited for the atrocities committed against the Balmaines, light lies ahead—until Gilbert learns there is a daughter. And his world darkens further when he realizes she is the one who, on a starry night, tempted him past temptation. Certain she intended to trap him into marriage, he vows he will not rest until she is back within the walls of her abbey. Now if only he can forget her… If only that night did not have such far-reaching consequences…